Thursday, April 14, 2005

Oh the time wastage! I have so many unconventional skills...yet no one chooses to exploit them.

My internet is bein a bitch. So is MSN. But today I experienced a wicked thing called Web Messenger. And it was there all this time. Why doesn't anybody tell me these things? I see ppl come online with it and I just thought they were on their cell phone browsers or some shit. Finally a way to use it on the computers at school...cuz they got smart over the yrs and blocked the cookies and restricted the Internet Options thing so ppl couldn't chat usin library comps. Then I just Googled to download Messenger through the cached page. Brilliant. Then they killed that too. Oh well, I learned way later than sooner but at least I got to use it the last time I was in the library :)

Yes, so today was research day. I honestly thought I'd just pick up the books I already looked up and photocopy whatever relevant articles I needed. I didn't figure in that I'd need more than the $1.50 cash I had on me and my $1 or so of photocopy credit left on my card. I'm smart that way. I also didn't have any paper on me...as in, anythin to write down notes on. There was way more info I needed than I thought but I couldn't photocopy it all and you can't take out periodicals. So I be stuck. I jotted notes by hand for 1 article before I realized I could just go downstairs and type it out at least and email it to myself. Better yet, I'd get it all on Word and send it.

That was easier said than done. It's faster than writing but it's still a lot and the damn keyboard wasn't helpin. The keys weren't sticky but I had to press on them hard. Talk about carpal tunnel syndrome. Then I figured I had enough to photocopy the last 2 articles. First I had to change my quarters into a loonie cuz that's the lowest coin the credit machine takes, son of a bitch. Turns out I didn't even need to add any money cuz someone had left their card at the photocopier and it had some money left on it! Typical.

Tomorrow's gonna be fun with the last-minute dashing. The thought of all that work makes me wanna...ughhh. Gotta go hard if ya wanna do a 10-pager in one day!

Aaaaand my computer is goin totally insane right now. I think it's MSN's fault...I signed in with my own name but somehow I've got my brother online when he's not and his contacts are poppin up for me. Dammit technology, don't crap out on me now when I've got important hw to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home