Friday, November 05, 2004

Shit, the Av concert was wicked! I don't remember most of it cuz I was like in a trance, haha. The music was amazing and I just may have the best pictures in the world.

So The Man picked me up and we went to get Meen at work and then we headed downtown. Last night couldn't have been a worse night to be out. It was raining hard and dark already at 5. Oh, side story...we stopped at a red light and I noticed a blue Civic and it had a crufted rusty licence plate and I thought maybe it was L. I'm like, nah how weird would that be? Then I'm like, but how many blue Civics would have dirty plates like she does? Hahaha. I told The Man to inch up and her windows are tinted but I was pretty sure it was her mom in the passenger seat. Rolled down the window and waved and her mom turned around and waved just as they made a left. L didn't see me at all. But her mom was probably wonderin who the hell the guy was :P

The doors were at 6:30 so since we had floors, it was gonna be a rush for the best position. And that also meant that once we found a spot to stand, we couldn't leave it at any time or else we'd be left at the back...couldn't leave for the bathroom, couldn't leave if the openers sucked, couldn't go get a drink or food, couldn't sit for the next 4 hrs. Jockeying for a good spot is serious business :P But we figured we could time ourselves to get there early enough. We found parkin for $7 (woo!), got some food, took a bathroom break, then bounced for the ACC. Somethin I love about T.O. is that there's 'PATH', which is like a whole underground system so all the major attractions downtown are connected, so we didn't even have to go outside the whole time.

We lined up at the gates and Meen was worried that all these ppl were ahead of us and we should've been there earlier, etc but really it adds up to a few rows. Like, you'd hafta have about 1000 ppl in front of you to be concerned how far back in the crowd you are. They always say no camera and stuff and sometimes they don't care and don't even enforce it but you never know. I didn't want them to take mine away so I took it outta my lil bag and put it in my jacket pocket but it was stickin out so bad. Meen tried puttin it her jacket pocket which was actually The Man's but she thought she'd get patted down. That never happens but I was like, fine put it in my hood, haha. Didn't even matter cuz they were doin bag checks but didn't even look in mine and just let me walk in :P We got wristbands so they know we're floors and we walked into the venue. Me and Meen were like, shuuuuuut the fuck up...cuz there weren't that many ppl in front of us. SWEET!! I'm all, I told you so and she's like, ohhhhh baby. We were maybe 10 rows deep.

The show started right at 7:30 with some guys named 9 Mile? Didn't care about them. Then Not By Choice came on after. They were alright. I can't believe we were just standin there the entire time. By the time Avril came on, I moved up some and had to leave Meen and The Man behind, haha. I'm like, well we're gonna get separated so...see ya later! But I got some crazyass high/naturally fucked up girls in front/around me so I got my toes stomped on when they were jumpin and hair in the face whenever they whipped their heads around. I'm like, I hope you know you're gettin lip gloss all over your ends, haha. Here's a good thing about an audience that's mostly all teenage girls--it's a good smellin crowd, not sweat or B.O., haha...which is a very good thing cuz we were mashed up in there pretty close. The only thing I could smell all night was shampoo and girly fragrances...like the chick next to me wearin Victoria Secret Love Spell (I know it cuz P wears it, haha). Some guy that was totally stoned with somethin was gettin helped thru the crowd by his friend and sometimes, they had to stop and make sure the guy wasn't gonna collapse or whatever cuz he had some freaky look on his face with his eyes wide bug-open.

Anyways, Avril...she talked a lot more this time and was more hyped. She was, I dunno, like happy and zen. I think she got some from Mr. Sum 41 before the show started, haha. And for some reason she was talkin in a high voice that night, she never sounds like that. All the songs were good. Kinda disappointed she didn't do Fall to Pieces but I don't care THAT much. I wanted the pants she was wearin! She looked good, I took so many pix of her and the guys in the band. I missed Matt with a guitar, argh! :P

I had talked to Jay about maybe doin somethin after the concert so I asked Meen and The Man if they were down for anythin. No one could make a damn decision, haha. I called Jay on a break and he said call me when you know what you're doin or where you're goin. We ended up goin to Marche and I wasn't feelin like doin anythin alone with Jay that night anymore and Meen had to go home after this anyway cuz she had work in the morning. Figured Jay woulda been sleepin at that time esp since he had army trainin stuff all day. He called me when we were drivin home already :P Anyway, that was that...there's a whole thing about maybe doin somethin Sat night after he does a Rememberance parade thing, after P's bday dinner.

He has army work tonight so he was askin if I wanted to do somethin in the day. He was on MSN last night when I got home and he was like, maybe lunch? I'm like, dude I'm not even up for lunch HOUR. That day will come when I will finally drop the friend bomb, hahaha. Dammit.

I don't even mind that I'm not goin out tonight. My neck and shoulders hurt from last night. More than head-boppin but not quite head-bangin, haha. And I'm still kinda sick. But I was completely fine at the concert, which is strange. I guess the adrenaline or endorphins made me all better for a few hrs, ha. It's like, ahhhhh Avril...I feel nothing bad anymore...I love this song!

We were goin back to the car in the maze that was the shoppin place and PATH and maybe we were startin to lose it but we started laughin at every lil thing that normally wouldn't be funny at all :P Meen was wearin The Man's sweatshirt and he's a big guy so this was like a dress on her. He was messin around and tied her arms together behind her back...and he was in Boy Scouts so this was some badass knot, haha. At this point, do I hafta describe how fuckin hilarious it was when she tried to get the mall door open without her hands? And when some dudes asked which was was the GO bus, she was tellin them and tried to point with her shoulders thru the sweater LOL They musta thought this was the most retarded sight they've ever seen if they weren't so busy tryin to find their bus. Yeah, she was annoyed.

For some reason it took us like an hr to get home even tho was hardly anyone on the highway. The only logical answer is that we didn't know where we were goin :P I knew how to get back up from all the times we drive downtown to go clubbin but I totally wasn't payin attention and was halfway to asleep in the back. We were playin dumb memory games to keep awake, haha. Then The Man was like, wait. We were goin the wrong way home on the wrong highway and none of us even realized how that happened, haha.

On a totally unrelated topic, I took an IQ test on Tickle.com and I got 120, which makes me a lot higher than average. I laughed! 120! I dunno where that comes from cuz it certainly doesn't show on my marks and my shitty memory and how slowly I pick up learnin new card games, hahaha. But I'm a 'visual intellectual', which is true, so I'm good at seein patterns and the big picture, etc.

Ooh I forgot to call P to tell her happy bday! Gonna get on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home