Friday, July 29, 2005

So the LCBO's not on strike. It was funny to see so many ppl runnin out to the stores and stockin up on liquor just in case they were. Vick unsurprisingly went for a booze dash and picked up a bottle or 2 or 3. I honestly got a bit scared about it too cuz my god, what will we do without alcohol? Haha. But I figured I was good cuz they'd still have it at the bars and clubs til they ran out. Well nothing to worry about anyway.

I taped The Rules of Attraction, the movie with James Van Der Beek ("Dawson's Creek") and a whole bunch of young stars like Shannyn Sossaman (40 Days and 40 Nights), Kip Pardue (Driven), Ian Somerhalder ("Lost" and formerly of "Young Americans", which I loved), Jessica Biel ("7th Heaven"), Thomas Ian Nicholas (the American Pie movies), and Kate Bosworth (Blue Crush and also of "Young Americans"). It's from 2002 and I've always wanted to rent it. It was really good...cool editing. The storyline is out of sequence and some shots were interesting, like 2 subjective perspectives shown side by side. Even the end credits are shown backwards. That was very film geek of me. But yeah, James was very un-Dawson in this role. His character's name is Sean Bateman and apparently he's the younger brother of Patrick Bateman, the guy from American Psycho. Crazy.

We got some free Malibu lip balm from Essence last weekend. Yes, it's Jamaican rum lip balm. It doesn't taste like it tho, just smells like it. Otherwise ppl would EAT the thing :P It's Malibu Passion Fruit tho, which is good cuz if it was the normal one that smells of coconut, I'd get nauseous...flashback to Kim's party 2 yrs ago where I had pineapple & Black Stripes til I puked. And I don't even like coconut, period! I don't need the reminder. So anyways...the lip balm smells nice.

Jay-Z is gonna be at Much tonight. He's here for Caribana weekend with Kanye West and Rihanna. I dunno how the big the crowd's gonna be outside but maybe I'll catch a glimpse of him when we go downtown later cuz I think we're hittin My Apartment.

It's a bar that, up until a couple yrs ago, we didn't know was a bar. One time downtown, this guy came up to us and asked, "Do you know where My Apartment is?" We were just like, uhhhh...shouldn't you know where your own apartment is? Hahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home