Monday, January 23, 2006

Work: Sun - sucked some, around $38 commission, at least made budget, it was just me and Evan, 2 $170 Bluetooth headsets got stolen (we only noticed by the empty packaging left behind :P), Mon - also sucked, even less today but guess that's OK cuz I only worked 4 hrs, had that annoying customer Calvin back to get his Palm TX which he so needed ASAP when it came in from the warehouse on the layaway order he made me do for him then took 3 days to come pick it up. First he wanted me to double-check that he got the right multilingual version and not the english version, then he wanted to open up the box to make sure everythin was in there (it's factory fresh and unopened! I'm thinkin in my head, well you better take it anyway cuz you went and opened it and if you don't want it, all that trouble was for nothing and now it's Open Box). Then he grilled me about the return policy (what the fuck is all this for if you're not even gonna keep it?!?). Then the loser wanted to pay for the difference with gift cards and Visa. Like SEVEN gift cards. The system only lets you do 3 at a time so I had to have Kane help me purchase a new gift card by payin with 3 of his gift cards at a time so you can transfer all the money onto a single card. Then Mr. Calvin says that he's in a hurry. Like I give a flyin fuck...like you didn't take enough time checkin out the damn box and all its freakin contents, and if you didn't pay in SO MANY DAMN GIFT CARDS, it'd be a lot easier!! By the time I walked him and his equally corporate/employee responsibility-paranoid gf or whoever up to the front, bagged his stuff, and handed it to him, I thought I was done. Then more anal questions about the return policy again and about redeeming Aeroplan card points. GAH!! God, I wanted to punch him in the face. Honestly, I didn't even want any commission that came from him, I would have rather not dealt with him at all.

That was a fun rant. I just wanted the world to experience that, haha. So the Christmas party yesterday...I closed that night so I had to shower quick and get ready to go. I had to convince L, Godwin, and Travis to go and they're the ones who ended up winnin gift cards in the draws :P Me? Nuthin! But it was fun. Al and G who were supposed to come as our guests flopped out and one of them would've won too cuz they were doin draws for the guests. Suckas.

There was a buffet dinner and prizes and whatnot. The pictures are so good, we had such a fuckin time takin all these ridiculous shots with so many ppl in them. We played a bit (no game cards! Boo urns!) and drank some. I asked for this thing called a Caramel Candy shooter but apparently the bartender heard Candy Apple martini or somethin :P And he didn't have martini glasses. So I had this swamp-water green drink in a tumbler glass with green apple sugar around the rim. Strange. Half of us got tipsy but most of the FS'ers had gone already so no problem!

"Lights and Sounds" is out tomorrow! I'm goin downtown to buy it and hopefully score a ticket to their showcase concert. Good thing I don't start work til 6.

Yeaaaah, I didn't vote today. Haven't done it once since I turned 18 and don't plan to til I actually care about it. And know who to actually vote for. I'd get into the many reasons why I didn't this yr but I don't want to cuz politics bore me. I dunno, it's confusing for me and yes, I'm one of those ppl who say it won't make a difference with MY one vote :P Anyway, I think if I was goin to, I would've chosen NDP...and they wouldn't have won anyway so there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home