Saturday, February 26, 2005

OMG. We were supposed to go to Shmooze or whatever last night but it snowed so the roads were bad and L had a headache so me and G were just gonna rent a movie. We ended up just chillin at her house. I was drinkin and then we had to go pick up Heather from work. She needed to go to the bank cuz her and G and a buncha them were gonna go snowboardin the next day. We make a right turn to go back home and another car sideswipes us. It scared all of us but it wasn't like a big crash, he just hit the driver side door. Holy shit. They got out and the guy said he had the green and G said she did. It's bad cuz I honestly don't know cuz I was buzzed and I wasn't payin attention. 5 mins ago, we were jokin around and I was laughin so much and then we were in the middle of the road with a big ass dent in G's car and a door that won't open properly. Justin came down and G's dad came too and they exchanged info and all that. Then they wanted to go to the Collision Report Centre to get it filed and done with.

I didn't know it was such a process. I'll admit I have no idea about insurance or claims or whatever legal steps you hafta take when you're in an accident :P I should know these things. Well, the whole thing took about 4 hrs! There's like 4 steps at diff desks--you hafta report it, then fill out forms, then get the cops there to look it over, then get it photocopied and take pictures of your car. And each step took forever cuz it was 1 am and they only had one guy workin. And there were a buncha ppl in front of us and that line just never ended. There were ppl comin in after us still after we had left. I got home at 5 in the morning!

At least no one was hurt. I'm still not sure what happened. The guy was sure he had the green and our car was convinced we did. But Justin was like, it was green. I guess I had to corroborate with what G and Heather said but we were talkin and they weren't even 100% positive either. I was just like, don't tell me anybody's gonna ask me anythin, cuz I was drinkin! You can't believe what I think! But right after he had hit us, I turned around I saw that the lights goin our way were green...so unless it had just turned...I dunno. We had already made the turn and were travellin straight when he hit us. He musta been goin too fast to stop properly in the snow cuz he HAD to have seen us as he was goin thru the intersection, that's all I know. But he had come to the CRC too and he wanted to settle it without filing it or somethin, then he left after a while. Maybe he didn't want the trouble or maybe he was scared of the insurance or maybe that he'd be at fault, couldn't tell ya.

Needless to say, G's not goin anywhere for a bit. I think this is gonna be a quiet weekend. Nobody needs this shit :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home