Friday, October 28, 2005

Tired :( Up at 8:40 am today for training at 9. I probably shouldn't have went out to Fez last night, haha. Ah, the cycle of goin out late then goin to work early begins.

The district sales manager came into the store so 3 of us newbies got a talk with him. Me, this guy named Shane, and John the DSM, have consecutive bdays - the 3rd, 4th, and 5th of Dec. Weird! We were there before the store opened so we could get in on the morning meeting. They're crazy. There was a circle, a loud chant, and Star Wars light sabres, haha. The other day I saw David (main guy in my dept) was by himself and, I'm guessin, bored cuz he was swingin around a toy light sabre while we were takin a tour of the store. I was like, what the? I didn't know we sold those kinda things. So apparently we do carry some stuff like that, RC cars and whatnot. The light sabres are part of the Star Wars III promotion when the DVD comes out. They're the badass ones too...they've got the coloured light you turn on with a switch and make the noises. And they sell for $150!!

Anyway, John was cool. I met some more sales ppl on the floor. Seems like a good place to work...they goof and joke all the time. It's just the sellin to the customers part :P There's so much to just bein a sales associates at Futureshop, you don't even know! The whole friggin book's about it. With subsections and intersegments and modules. I'm worried that I miss one lil thing and ruin my whole selling/greeting/helping presentation when a customer comes in.

Yesterday I was doin e-learning programs, sittin on a stool at the computer for almost 4 hrs. OMG. But at least training that day started at noon :P And Nsync's Greatest Hits album was playin, haha.

It's not bad tho. Sometimes I'm just makin money by sittin there and listenin. We were on our own for a bit today cuz the manager was doin things and told us to talk amongst ourselves or whatever so we were chillin out in the store (instead of the usual break room where we get trained), chattin with other employees. If I pay off this month's credit card bill like that, I'm down!! More training at noon tomorrow. Yay sleep.

Geez, I hafta start bein more responsible...like not go to the bars the night before work :P I know it was Thurs night and it's college/student night so it's party time but they're already startin the Halloween jams. And Halloween is on a Mon this yr! The lineup at Essence was INSANE. Good thing I didn't get drunk at Fez, I would've been fucked this morning. I almost woke up late today was it was. Had the alarm clock at PM instead of AM :P Why is there even a PM option?? Who gets up in the night?

Still dunno what I'm gonna be for Halloween, still dunno where we're gonna go tomorrow night.

Uh, I think I'm gonna go take a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home