Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Check this email everybody got from Fish about the Eagle Summit bein retired. She told us the story on Sat cuz she just couldn't contain her epic dramas to herself but here's all the details in her own writing....hence the typing errors :P

Hello friends,

Let me start off by apologizing for this mass email. I do intend to write personal emails/group emails to you all very soon. Because I want to hear what you are all up to. so expect those letters soon. well now for the real reason I am writing. Here's a quick little update for you all to enjoy!

Epilogue
At the tender age of sixteen, Fish is given her first vehicle to drive. A 92 red eagle summit. It was her dad's car and now is in her sole possession. So it begins on a frosty tuesday. With a cup of tea in one hand and the steering wheel in the other I am soaring down the 401 westbound express. The warm heat blowing my hair and 680 is blaring on the radio (that's the only station the eagle can receive). I am doing alright, well on my way to higher education. Alas, I hit a snag. The eagle decides she needs a rest. A rest that will last forever, for she has been overworked in the past 12 years. My vehicle has stalled on the highway during rush hour. I try to remain calm. I dial for help. In this case DADDY. There is no repsonse. I continue to re-dial. nothing. Passerbys in there newly minted suits adn vehicles hiss and glare as they pass me on the left and right. I am utterly hopeless (think Tom Hanks in Castaway). On the verge of tears I see a lifeboat. It is a woman in a vehicle fit for the pound. She has no cell. I at this moment have no more battery for my cellular phone.
The light bulb turns on. We decide to let the eagle sleep and e drove off to a payphone. What seems like 2 hours and 16 minutes later (in real time 14 mintues) I am whisked from the eagles nest into the condors lair, a bell canada pay phone. I call the big bird. "Where are you?" I ask. To my astonishment father is at the nest. He was going down the 401 collectors west saw the eagle in trouble and stopped adn hopped right on over the cement barrier and is standing by the eagle. He calls the vet and they tow the eagle home. Father meets daughter at a gas station and he takes her to school. And so it ends. BUt not before we reveal who the mysterious super woman is. The saviour in this story is one Wanda Kowalski, editor and journalist for the globe review. I ask her for digits and I am rewarded.

prologue
The eagle now sleeps in markham for the time being. Father encourages fish to leave the nest and venture into a civic nation. She embraces the move slowly. Fish will have to learn to embrace her new role in the world. Wanda sits in her office and is awaiting her next mission. Meanwhile somewhere within the canadian postal system sits a card waiting to be delivered. Maybe its her next goal or maybe its just a note of thanks.

ps. Its black and I get it at the end of the week!
pps. thanks guys for listening/reading!

God I love her. She's so ridiculous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home