Sunday, May 07, 2006

Morning shifts, boo urns! Well...Ali got fired after all. That means I get those opening shifts at work again. I guess that'll get me into the better habit of goin to bed earlier and havin the rest of the day free. But still, I'm not a morning person and gettin up is gonna make me whine and groan. I'm gettin more hrs per week too since Evan's on vacation. They should really hire someone else, I don't think 2 permanent ppl at a time is gonna cut it.

David is back tho! He's the one who was in an accident around Christmas time and hasn't recovered enough to be workin again til now. He'd be gone so long that we all thought he wasn't gonna come back at all. He was in today but he's only doin part-time now. I missed David! It's weird since we haven't worked together for like 5 months. I think he's gonna be my new Sun work buddy...which Evan normally is. Sad face, haha. But it's cool. I made a killin today, brrrrup! :D

Why do I not book off days of the weekend completely? I shortened the hrs to come in for work so I could get off earlier on Sat so I could get ready for G's bday thing and then come in later on Sun so I could get some sleep after partyin into the morning. The smarter thing would've been to take all of Sun off in the first place, cuz I had some hard ass time gettin up for work at noon! Soooo tired. At least I didn't come in hung over, haha...but only cuz I don't get hangovers :P

So Fri was G's actual bday. We didn't do anythin cuz she was out with her dude or somethin and I wasn't really in the mood for anythin cuz I had to work that day and at 8-freakin-30 am the next day. A one and half hr meeting BEFORE work, whyyyy?? That whole shift I was just like, lemme just get thru this and then I will get my drink on tonight! Haha.

Sat we went to dinner at Copia (their Fusili & Smoked Chicken is damn good) and then the plan was to hit C Lounge. Fuckin stuge places. First of all, it was the oddest area to have a club. It looked like a community centre standin all by itself, and looked pretty small. It's supposed to be this nice, classy place with an amazing patio with a pseudo- swimming pool in the back. From the outside, it was very unimpressive. We didn't even know if we were at the right place. Normally you'd hear the music thumpin outside before you even got to a club but we didn't hear any sound! Either they play their music quiet ("Is this club for old ppl?") or they have really really soundproofed doors and windows. But even when they opened the door to let in ppl (all ahead of us of course) we could only hear music faintly. Weird. Then we were kept waitin a while and it didn't seem worth it so we bounced.

We ended up at Montana, which is the opposite of C Lounge, haha. We were pretty much overdressed for it but we had a good time. They were playin '80s rock anthems when we came in so I was obviously like, don't even joke with me. But they had another room that played better music so all was good. The security guy (Mike) had shone his flashlight in my face cuz apparently he was lookin at me and thought I was mad-faced and that I should be smilin (first off, don't tell me to smile...what if I was havin a bad night? Fuck off). Then he was around the bar and again, had been watchin me cuz he said he saw me slam 2 shooters and called me crazy, haha. I had told him I wasn't exactly grinnin when we came in cuz my feet hurt. All the girls were wearin brutal heels and we had walked from C Lounge to Montana and it was quite the trek. I guess we weren't believin in taxis that night :P So walkin all that in shoes that tortured my feet and the chilly weather outside were testin me. I told Mike that, then I said I'd be fine after I've had some drinks.

When we were leavin at the end of the night, he was there at the door and asked for my number. What is goin on? Seems like I'm always gettin these randoms. And never the shy, accept a no for an answer/get the point after one letdown types either :P

Well we all came in separate cars and then nobody was diggin the idea of walkin back to the parkin lot 20 mins away so we took cabs there. It wasn't actually THAT far, it just takes a while if you go on foot...esp in the shoes we were in. Me, Vick, and L literally took a 3-4 min cab ride, haha. 5 bucks. We were all, "Totally worth it." LOL

Opening tomorrow. Blah. No sleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home