Friday, April 21, 2006

I just spent an hr and a half vegging on the couch. It was so nice to sit, esp after this total waste of my time shift today. Not only was it an icky 9 am start but as I completely expected, it went on way past my scheduled 2:00 end time and onto about 4:30. I always stay to try and get somethin, anythin, just to make commission. 2 hrs extra for nuthin!

What the hell was with today? It was so dead, on a Fri. And they had for some reason scheduled the 3 of us in the dept with overlapping shifts (aka all of us on the floor together) even tho it would be shocking for just one of us to get any kind of sales at all. I made 31 cents today. Big money money money! Actually, I didn't even make that really, cuz I had a return when I wasn't workin yesterday so I'm still MINUS, woooo! Just when I thought this week would be the week that I'd lift myself out of the black hole that is subsidy.

Tues and Wed were decent so I thought I could make up Mon's shitty numbers and stay on top for today. Nope! It didn't really help that our credit/debit system was down for a while in the morning and all of our computers too. What an awesome day.

There I will be, tryin to tell Clarence that it was an undeniable fact that there was nobody in the store to even talk to, let alone sell things, along with the effed up system...and he will be just like, another week you didn't make enough commission eh? Booooo. I could've made it. I was tryin so hard, man. And there's no way (I know a part of it's in the attitude but I know when I'm in over my head) that I can break even tomorrow, cuz Saturday's the last day of the fiscal week. Let's do some math:

Total commission up to today - $86
Total hrs scheduled for this week, excluding time before store opens/after store closes/lunches - 23.5
Total commission needed to offset subsidy (base wage x hrs) - at least $215

$215-86=$129

I need to make $129 minimum to be off subsidy. In one day. And that's with no returns or price protections whatsoever. Saturdays can be busy and weekends are the sweetest time to make a lot but...no chance in hell that will happen. Even if I was havin a particularily good shift, seein that it's freakin 9 hrs long tomorrow. Whyyyy dammit, why! It'll probably end up to be a repeat of today anyway, since I had hopes of makin somethin happen today. DASHED.

So what else can I do but say screwww it. At least I had Evan with me today. And L somewhat. And we got paid today...nice one too this week! Team bonus! :)

I think I needed to just buy somethin cuz of this unproductive day and I had a feeling I was both gonna be tired and not be able to really go out and do anythin since I have work tomorrow morning so I got the 2-disc edition of Crash and a cheapy The Girl Next Door. Movie night! Oww! Party MONSTER, haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home