Monday, February 09, 2004

OK Grammy discussion time :P

Album of the Yr- Outkast, yeah saw that 1 comin...I love Justin and I'm all for Evanescence but EVERYBODY loves Outkast this yr, they played their songs enough...where was everybody before Speakerboxxx/Love Below?

Record of the Yr- Clocks, kind of a suprise...guess they went for the least expected one, wasn't too overplayed, but it's stilll a good song

Song of the Yr- Dance with My Father, guess hit a note with a whole nutha audience cuz I hadn't even heard that song before (heard of it)...I'm sorry, the older stuff (A/C) doesn't play on the stations I listen to or on Much so :P But I was rootin for Avril's I'm With You cuz the melody and the chords are amazing

Best New Artist- Evanescence, yay! Thought it woulda been 50 like everyone else, which woulda been cool too. How the fuck Fountains of Wayne got nominated, I don't know!

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance- Christina Aguilera, figured that one. Woulda been happier with Avril

Best Male Pop Vocal Performance- Justin Timberlake, yeaaaah! Only one in my eyes... in a field of oldies. You gotta admit Cry Me a River was good.

Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal- No Doubt, I was happy about that one cuz I like them outta everyone else and the song's good :P

Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals- Sting & Mary J. Blige, that song I never heard...the other nominees are meh, except maybe for Pink's Feel Good Time

Best Pop Vocal Album- JT's Justified, haha NO contest! Maybe it didn't deserve Album of the Yr but def this one

Best Dance Recording- Come into My World, meh...Kylie's other song Love at First Sight was a better track. I wanted Telepopmusik's Breathe to win. THAT song is off the fuckin hook. The nominees in this category are always crap, they coulda surprised me with a decent winner this yr.

Best Female Rock Vocal Performance- Pink's Trouble, this song was so mediocre, any of her singles from Mizzunderstood maybe...Avril or Michelle Branch shoulda took it

Best Male Rock Vocal Performance-Dave Matthew's Gravedigger, never heard in my life...this thing with Dave Matthew, I don't get it *shrug* Lenny Kravitz's If I Could Fall in Love was good

Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal- Warren Zevon and Bruce Springsteen...don't really care much about the nominees for this one

Best Hard Rock Performance- Evanescence's Bring Me to Life, good one

Best Rock Song-White Stripe's Seven Nation Army, dunno what the hell the diff is with the last category but OK

Best Rock Album- Foos, thought Evanescence shoulda taken this one

Best Female R&B Vocal Performance- Beyonce, who didn't see this 1 comin...tho who knew it'd be for Dangerously in Love...did that song even come out?

Best Male R&B Vocal Performance- Luthor Vandross, figured this one...the nominees are alright but the songs chosen I'm not a fan of

Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals- Beyonce & Luthor, didn't even know that one...or any of the others except Floetry's...that one has really good vocals

Best Urban/Alternative Performance- Outkast, no question...they're up for so many of the big awards, how can they not take this one? Maybe Kelis tho, haha.

Best R&B Song- Crazy in Love, of course

Best Contemporary R&B Album- Beyonce's of course

Best Female Rap Solo Performance- Missy, they all love her

Best Male Rap Solo Performance- Em's Lose Yourself, that was some hype flows...I liked all the nominees tho

Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group- Shake Ya Tailfeather, god I got sicka this song quick, I don't think they coulda play this song on the radio more than they did, so typical...LOVE Magic Stick tho, that shoulda won

Best Rap/Sung Collaboration- Crazy in Love, this was so big it had to take it...all the nominees were wicked tho, I'd probably vote for Frontin

Best Rap Song- Lose Yourself, no surprise...as controversial as he's been, he's gotten so commonplace, and as much as some would say they don't like Em, they all listened after everyone else said he was a rap genius and seems they can't nominate him enough, haha...this song was from, what, 2 yrs ago?

Best Rap Album- Outkast, of course...they were all good, I'd go for 50's...poor Roots tho, you knew they didn't stand a chance, it might've been pretty good but they were just there to round out the 5, you know it.

Producer of the Year, Non-Classical- Neptunes, no doubt...no touchin them.

Best Short Form Music Video- Johnny Cash's Hurt, still haven't seen it even tho everybody's raved about it...I like Coldplay's The Scientist tho, dunno why that track wasn't nominated as record of the yr or whatever.

Overall this yr's Grammy's was pretty decent. Not really any "What the hell??" winners...cuz sometimes I just dunno what the Grammy ppl are thinkin when they pick some artists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home